Front of House Job Descriptions: P.A.M.’s Server & Busser/Food Runner
Good food is our heritage…Siebkens Resort is looking for seasonal front of house staff to join our team. We are hiring Dining servers and busser/food runners. We are looking for people with good communication skills, a positive attitude, and an eye for detail.
Positions open in P.A.M.’s (upscale dining in an exquisite, old-world setting).
Expectations, Duties, and Responsibilities for all positions:
- Treat all co-workers, staff, vendors, and guests with courtesy and respect. In other words, treat others as you would wish to be treated
- Be on time
- Ensure assigned work areas are tidy, clean, and safe
- Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
- Work well both independently and in a team setting
- Respond to resort guests’ needs in a timely and professional manner
- Communicate well with other departments of the resort
- Maintain a clean and orderly dining and work area by sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, recycling, and linens
- Be knowledgeable about all menu items including recipe contents and preparation methods
- Be prepared to answer guests’ questions about the menu
- Understand customer needs and suggest menu items as appropriate
- Support all areas of the restaurant as requested
- Be able to operate a point-of-sale system
- Ensure food sanitation practices are followed
- Attend to restrooms
- Maintain knowledge of the resort’s property, staff, and hours of operations
- Maintain a professional appearance and tidy work space at all times
-Positions are Seasonal (Saturday and Sunday dinner shift, Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend)
P.A.M.’s Server: You will be the face of our restaurant and responsible for our guests’ experiences.
Server responsibilities include ensuring our tables are clean and tidy when guests arrive, presenting menus and serving food and beverages. You need to be quick on your feet (literally and metaphorically) and have a polite and friendly attitude. To succeed you will provide high-quality service while performing the following tasks.
- Prepare restaurant tables with special attention to sanitation and order
- Attend to customers upon entrance
- Present restaurant menus and help customers select food/beverages
- Take and serve orders
- Answer questions or make recommendations for complementary products
- Collaborate with other restaurant servers and kitchen/barstaff
- Deal with complaints or problems with a positive attitude
- Issue bills and accept payment
- Attention to cleanliness and safety
- Patience and customer-oriented approach
- Excellent people skills with a friendly attitude
- 2 years experience serving
- 18 years and older
Pay $10/hour plus tips (server tips out to bussers and service bar)
Busser/Food Runners: You will facilitate collaboration between our kitchen and servers.
Responsibilities include setting tables, serving food orders and removing used dishes and utensils.
Ultimately, you will ensure our guests have a high-quality dining experience by serving their food in a timely and accurate manner; and by maintaining a clean and pleasant environment.
- Prepare dining areas before guests are seated
- Decorate tables with candles, napkins, linens and flowers
- Place tableware and condiments on tables
- Serve water and bread plates
- Remove dirty utensils and replenish, as needed
- Clean and reset tables after guests leave
- Deliver food orders from the kitchen to guests’ tables rapidly and accurately
- Act as the contact point between Front of the House and Back of the House staff
- Ensure food is served in accordance with safety standards (e.g. proper temperature)
- Answer guests’ questions about ingredients and menu items
- Inform restaurant staff about customers’ feedback or requests (e.g. when they ask for the check)
Pay $7.25 an hour plus tip-out from servers and bartenders
At Siebkens Resort, we believe happy employees lead to happy guests, vendors, and community. We strive to build a positive work culture where collaboration and open-mindedness drive our team approach to providing warm and thoughtful hospitality. Our resort and our people are unique; we value input from all our employees and benefit from their individual life experiences. We celebrate our reputation as a lively and authentic experience of space in Elkhart Lake and want our employees to take part in this experience. Whether they work at Siebkens for a summer or many years, we hope our employees’ time with us will be fulfilling and a source of fond memories they can take with them wherever life leads.