Kitchen Worker Job Description
284 S. Lake Street
Elkhart Lake, WI 53020
Good food is our heritage…Siebkens Resort is looking for Kitchen Workers to join our team. We are looking for people with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and an eye for detail.
Expectations, Duties, and Responsibilities for all positions:
• Treat all co-workers, staff, vendors, and guests with courtesy and respect. In other words, treat others as you would wish to be treated
• Work under the direction of our Executive Chef to complete tasks in a timely and competent fashion to ensure ample readiness for food service – Always be prepared
• Ensure assigned work areas are tidy, clean, and safe
• Protect equipment and make sure there are no inadequacies
• Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, etc.
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
• Always maintain a professional appearance
• Work well both independently and in a team setting
• Possess manual dexterity to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
• Be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 pounds
You will assist in the preparation of delicious food in our kitchen. You will perform various kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations, preparing ingredients, and assisting line cooks under the direction of our Executive Chef and other kitchen leaders.
A great Kitchen Worker will be quick to complete tasks, diligent, and always working to improve. You will be able to follow instructions while complying with the highest health and safety standards. To succeed, you must be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team while performing the following tasks.
- Clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware.
- Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Portion and wrap food or place it directly on plates for service to patrons.
- Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
- Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers’ orders or supervisors’ instructions, following approved procedures.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- No education or experience requirements
Job Opportunity Information:
- Positions are temporary and full-time
- April 1st through September 30th
- 2023 only
- >35 hours per week
- Morning, mid-day, and evening shifts available, 7 days a week
- Total number of job openings: 12
- On-the-job training will be provided
- The employer will provide workers at no charge all tools, supplies, and equipment required to perform the job
Wage and Other Compensation Information:
- Hourly wage = $14-$16 per hour for the first 40 hours each week
- Overtime wage = $21-$24 per hour for each hour over 40 hours each week
- A single workweek will be used to compute wages due
- The employer guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period
- All deductions from the worker’s paycheck required by law will be made”
- Pay period = every 2 weeks
- On-site lodging and board available for $100/week per worker
- H-2B workers
- H-2B workers will be reimbursed in the first workweek for all visa, visa processing, border crossing, and other related fees, including those mandated by the government (excluding passport fees)
- Transportation (including meals and, to the extent necessary, lodging) to the place of employment will be provided, or its cost to workers reimbursed, if the worker completes half the employment period. Return transportation will be provided if the worker completes the employment period or is dismissed early by the employer
Job Center of Wisconsin Job Posting Number 3383980
Job Center of Wisconsin telephone number 888-258-9966
At Siebkens Resort, we believe happy employees lead to happy guests, vendors, and community. We strive to build a positive work culture where collaboration and open-mindedness drive our team approach to providing warm and thoughtful hospitality. Our resort and our people are unique; we value input from all our employees and benefit from their individual life experiences. We celebrate our reputation as a lively and authentic experience of space in Elkhart Lake and want our employees to take part in this experience. Whether they work at Siebkens for a summer or many years, we hope our employees’ time with us will be fulfilling and a source of fond memories they can take with them wherever life leads.